Your Diabetes didn’t just show up one fine day as Diabetes.
Your illness is your body trying to communicate to you that something is really wrong!
Your Diabetes is like a big, blinking NEON SIGN warning you – LOOK HERE. THERE’S SOMETHING WRONG HERE. This is a WARNING that there is an imbalance or a deficiency in your body that needs to be identified and serviced – just like that red, blinking light on your car’s dashboard when it too needs to be serviced.
In fact, your DIABETES once started as an imbalance or a deficiency which was left unidentified or untreated, and eventually progressed to DIABETES.
Now, here’s the big aha! moment:
Your DIABETES is being treated as a “symptom”. Meaning, the prescription medication, regular insulin injections, constant daily monitoring, etc. are all superficial treatments that treat the symptom itself, and mask the underlying cause which created the symptom, to begin with.
And, if left untreated, without identifying the underlying imbalance or deficiency, your DIABETES will eventually progress into a disease more acute and damaging than the DIABETES itself. Such as heart disease. Or kidney disease.
The reason I’m clearing this up with you is so you can start to pay attention to these big, blinking NEON SIGNS.
- YOUR NUTRITION: Most of us are just throwing junk food into our bodies because we don’t have the time for anything else, or we’re driven by taste and convenience. But our bodies are paying the price.
- SLEEP: One day of inadequate sleep is more damaging than six months of inadequate diet.
- EXERCISE: Prolonged sitting – which we are all subject to at work – and couch potato-ism at home affects the body’s metabolism and leaves it unable to utilise glucose properly.
- STRESS: the stress hormones raise sugar levels. Chronic stress leads to chronically raised sugar levels.
- TOXINS: environmental pollution, food additives and even mental pollution damage your systems.
A systematic approach to all these factors, including mind body balance, is the only way the body can achieve balance and regain its lost health.